Wednesday 21 April 2010

Pet Hate Of The Month, April 2010

I know this blog could be described as pet hate of every month, week, day etc, but here's one that's been getting up my goat for a fair while - which is kinda topical seeing as we're probably going to get reamed at the tribunal tonight.


No one like us, we don't care.


But here's the thing - you do care. A lot. To bother coming up with a chant to show your indifference to your not being liked, or to borrow that chant, or to use it as a slogan of defiance, shows that you very much do care about what others think about you.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But at least be honest about, and don't pretend that your feelins haven't been hurt by your enemies. The Zen thing to do, as is my understanding, would be to not resist the hate, but rather let it be and get on with your life.

And I'm not for one moment claiming this observation is in any way a stroke of genius. It was just something that was bugging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.