Thursday 8 April 2010

In Summary...

Wow, even getting requests now. This is from a post I made on the Melbourne Victory forum, in response to a post (a challenge?) about what and how reconciliation could take plave between old and new; and what improvements did we think had occurred in that time. MelbCro, a Melbourne Knights supporting poster, suggested I blog it.


Dante,

I can't comment on juniors and development, because I have no worthwhile insight into that at all. Similarly, I've seen bits and pieces of three A-League games in the past 5 years, so can't comment on the standard.

The move into Asia should have been done years ago. They've seemed to have sorted out a lot of the crap that was holding back the potential of those current overseas based Socceroos, in that they now have the facilities and help that they should have.

The game has come along in leaps and bounds in many ways. Better stadiums, better conditions for players, more media. But it's not my game - in much the same way that previously, people who felt (rightly or wrongly) that the game wasn't theirs, now feel a sense of ownership over it. It's not the game that I grew up with - with all the negative and positive things that came with it. There is no timetable for reconciliation. There's no need for it. The changes that have been enacted have been done so forcefully, that there's no turning back, really. It's a different culture, a different environment, tapping into something broader in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.