Friday 22 January 2010

Radio Free South Melbourne

Before you criticise the mainstream press, and the FFV, and Neos Kosmos, and whoever we can point a stick at, we should be creating as much of our own content as possible. That's what I said back in 2008. And have been banging on intermittently ever since. So they made a better website. They made weekly email mailouts. They created a youtuibe channel. And now they've made SouthRadio. Download the first of hopefully many podcasts here.

I could give copious advice on what to fix up, what works, what doesn't. But what's better is that there are people in the club who seem to 'get it'. It may seem a bit highhorse from me to seemingly take the credit for this change in attitude, but if I was part of the philosophical push in this direction, then I am glad. And if I wasn't, then I'm still glad, because this so the right thing to do, a simultaneous reaching out to everyone, big up yours to the mainstream press, and another thing to show we don't have to sit around feeling sorry for ourselves all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.