Friday 27 February 2009

Footy's Back! - Round 1, South Melbourne vs Dandenong Thunder

I had to look at last year's crappy template to see how I did these things.


Last time they met


Never met

Preview

Dunno about this one. I reckon it's going to be a fiercely competitive league this year, at least until half the teams stop paying players. Dandenong Thunder have a half decent squad and an experienced coach despite his failures in finals series. It's their third stint in the big league, and their first since 2001; their two previous stays in the VPL saw them relegated withing 2 and 1 seasons respectively. They've looked solid by all reports during the pre-season, but this is the real thing now. South knows this too despite its own more than solid pre-season. Apart from Caldwell's season ending injury and Blatsis' permanent status as everyone's favourite non playing player. I'd love to be listed on the teamsheet just once, hell even as part of the squad, which will bamboozle future historians looking at the data. Anyway, no predictions, because no one holds me accountable, and it's just so cliched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.