Thursday 9 June 2011

Seemingly inevitable - South Melbourne 1 Port Melbourne 2

Might as well keep this short and sweet.

I don't care how many coaching licences one has, nor what the technical pedigree of the players is.

Superstars who only hold that title at training sessions are useless. I'm tired of hearing how sharp they are at training.

I know players don't go out to lose a match. But maybe sometimes they don't really go out to win as hard as they should.

Before one masters the more difficult aspects of the game, one must do the mundane and basic things over and over again.

Correct passing. Correct decision making. Winning the first ball. Failing that, winning the second ball. Filling the spaces, cutting out the angles.

Suffice to say that football isn't much fun at the moment, and I'm not sure that it has been for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.