Thursday 28 January 2010

Absolute Fucking Disgrace! South Melbourne 2 Essendon United 2

Firstly, well done to Essendon United. They certainly deserved the draw; hell, I wouldn't have begrudged them the win. They ran and hustled and put their bodies on the line. They showed no fear and played clever football. Simple stuff, but effective. It makes you think what Altona East could have done if they'd given a shit last week.

Now, in about a month's time, I'm going to be put to sleep for an hour or two, and have my wisdom teeth taken out. I'll wake up groggy, I won't be able to nuts, seeds and fried rice, I'll be doped up on whatever pills they give me, it'll cost me a mint, I'm going to have to have to miss the South season launch, but I can guarantee it'll be a far more pleasant experience than having to endure that crap.

I don't care if half our boys were reserves. My anger would not be abated even if it was the full reserves. The 2nd best reserves outfit in the state should still be able to comfortably beat a just promoted state 3 team playing their first game for the year. But did we go in for 50/50s? Were we at the fall of the ball? Could we complete five metre passes with any sort of consistency? Could we shoot even half decently from the 6 yard box? No. Did we attempt ridiculously ambitious passes through a clogged up midfield and over a bumpy field? Did we cponstantly give the ball to small players with their backs to goal? Does this sound so much of the past three seasons? Yes.

For fuck's sake, I even offered their keeper $50 and whatever credit's left on my myki card. Fine, it's a cup game, upsets happen, I get that. It happened to Oakleigh last year vs Lalor in the 3rd place playoff last year. And that's who we play on Saturday. But that was criminal. To barely create any chances? To give up goals so easily? To play with the ball like smartarses when we were still at 2-2? Fuck that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.